A Romantic, Pet-Friendly Bed and Breakfast Near Chincoteague Island on the Eastern Shore.
- We are a small Bed and Breakfast, not a large chain hotel, so cancellations affect us significantly. All cancellations require a $35 cancellation and processing fee per room.
- A 14-day notice of cancellation is required.
- Reservations cancelled 13 days or less prior to arrival will incur a non-refundable cancellation fee equal to the entire reservation.
- Reservations cannot be cancelled, shortened, moved, changed or altered without paying the designated cancellation fee.
- Rates and Taxes are subject to change without notice.
- Reservations may only be confirmed by a credit card and require a deposit for your first night's stay to secure the reservation. All extended stay reservations of 6 days or more and special events require a 50% deposit of the total rent cost (including taxes and fees). Your remaining balance will be processed 14 days before your scheduled arrival with the credit card on file.
- A reservation confirmation will be emailed to you along with a gate code and entrance code. Please do not lose this code.
- Gift certificates are available, online on this website.
- Room rates are based on double occupancy. Taxes and gratuities are not included. The rate includes a fully prepared, hearty breakfast and afternoon refreshments.
- Please make us aware of any special dietary needs at least one week prior to check in. Breakfast is served from 8:30am to 9:30am at an assigned time in order to better serve each guest.
- A two-night minimum stay is required and three-nights on holiday weekends. Reservations with a minimum stay requirement that are reduced to fewer nights will be charged the full amount of the required stay. You are always welcome to call and ask if we can arrange a one-night stay if available. However, there is an extra charge for a single night stay.
- No refunds due to weather, early departure, "No Shows" or power outages.
- This is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted in any building. This includes electronic cigarettes. No use of candles in rooms or on patios or balconies.
- Children 12 and over are welcome.
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. Please notify us if you will be arriving outside
of these hours. If you are going to be later than your arranged time, please update us on your status and we will do our best to accommodate you. If we are not able to meet you, you will find check-in information and your key at the front desk in the Main Victorian. Please have your gate code and entrance code from your email confirmation with you for access.
Self Check-in is required after 7:00pm.
- Check-out time is 11:00am.
- Gas fireplaces are operational October - May, depending on the weather.
- The pool is open May - September, depending on the weather.
- The pet lodging fee is $25 for up to two pets per room per stay. The Garden and Sea Inn does allow pets in all rooms except the Merlot. Out of consideration of other guests, pets must be quiet in the room and on a leash when outside.
Pets are not allowed in or on the beds. If pet hair is found on the sheets, duvet or pillow cases, there will be a minimum $100 cleaning charge added to your bill.
Pets are not permitted in the dining room.
You may have no more than two pets per room.
Dogs must be securely crated when left alone in your room or removed from the room in order for the room to be serviced by the housekeeping staff. If there is a pet out of their crate in your room, it will not be serviced.
If your pet has any "accidents" in the room, please contact us at 757-824-4123.
A cell phone number must be provided in case your pet is disturbing other guests while you are away from your room.
- Guests are required to pick up behind their pets. We provide bags and disposal bins.
- Our rates are based on 2 adults per room. There is an additional $35.00 fee per night per person when a second bed is required with an additional breakfast. We charge a $25 pet fee for up to two pets.
- There is a $35 fee for returned checks.
- We are proud to provide smoke free accommodations. If smoking in the
room is suspected, you will be charged $250 for the cleaning of all upholstery, carpeting and draperies.